1. What are the five items you never leave home without?
Mary Ching: My pug; Mr Dim Sum, Linda Farrow sunglasses, a squirt of Clive Christian perfume, 10,000 bangles on my writs and a hat of some sort!
2. Do you design from inspiration or for the market?
Mary Ching: Inspiration comes predominately from my clientele. I am constantly thinking about their needs and lifestyle in order to create a collection that feeds their desires. There has to be an element of surprise in all my designs in order to capture their imagination.
3. What do you dislike about the fashion industry today?
Mary Ching: Black shoes! Who needs them!
4. What’s your favourite fashion label?
Mary Ching: I love and support emerging designers. I think its so much fun to discover new talents and to be different. I think its important to be confident to mix and match. To play with clothes and accessories. Fashion is not to be taken too seriously in my opinion.
5. What are the future plans for Mary Ching and how do you see the brand changing over time?
Mary Ching: My dream is of a CHINGdom! World domination in bringing pleasure to ladies in all corners of the world. Wearing a high heel for the orgasm or slippers for the zen. The 24 hour needs of any international women.